Gosh, I am horrible at making commitments! Made one 5 years ago that I’ll keep running this blog, but naaa-ah. Didn’t happen. Instead these are how my 5 years went by…
- Getting my calligraphy business up and running (go check it out on Instagram) and providing my services to a tonne of high end clients – Harper’s Bazaar Arabia, Tanagra, GQ Middle East, The Dubai Mall – you name it!
- Doing 10 months of a proper full time, administration job (totally unrelated to my undergraduate degree in Marketing, but had a hell of a good time with my colleagues!) and not just random internships.
- Working as General Secretary for Pakistan Youth Forum (PYF, a non-profit youth organization for Pakistani students in the UAE) for 2 YEARS!
- Getting fit – going to the gym 5 times a week (ACHIEVEMENT!)
- Two of my sisters got married
- Addition of 2 boys (my nephews) in the Tariq household – we ladies are getting outnumbered. Women to men ratio (including brother-in-laws) – 7:7
- Performing Umrah in 2017 – thrice 🙂
- Performing Hajj in 2017 😀 Alhamdulillah!
And my current situation looks like this…
- Moved to Edinburgh, Scotland in January of this year to pursue a Masters degree in International Tourism Marketing at Edinburgh Napier University (WHAAAAAAAA?! There will be an entire post dedicated to this, promise!)
- Serving as an Advisor to PYF
- Becoming Associate Editor of a youth digest for Pakistani students – it’s still in its planning phase…
- Learning Spanish – Vamos Anam!
- Learning cycling (yes, I have never cycled for roughly 20 years except as a kid with training wheels on it)
- Being super, SUPER single!
Yup, that’s pretty much my past and present situation analysis in 14 bullet points.
There is absolutely so much to write about, so much to do, and I wish and hope and pray that I am a regular on my own blog. I am a devoted journaller (is that even a word?) offline and I just love the entire process of collecting anything and everything on a trip, taking photos, printing them and sticking them in my dedicated journal notebook. I have a very fancy collection of high quality notebooks and pens and all kinds of stationery (hoarder alert!) which I mostly like to collect (guilty!). But I do write – a lot of it consists of brain dump and writing to clear my head.
Anyway, back to this blog. Just rediscovering this baby of mine is getting me all excited thinking the sort of things I can write about. So here’s me not promising, but hoping to making this another place to channel my life’s happenings – the mishappenings are for my dedicated offline ranting journal – and stories.
So hopefully, till next time. Whenever that is 🙂
Ooh, I love this so much! Your instagram is amazing btw. Excited to read more of your happenings online. Good idea to keep the mishappenings in the private journal, I should definitely work on that as a policy, I think. Though sometimes it’s hard to separate the two… ;))
Aw thanks Nadine! ❤ I am in the midst of shifting apartments, so when that’s all done I’ll come back to this. I love writing and I just want to write more and more. Will definitely take most of my inspiration from you and other bloggers that speak to me.
I know it’s hard to separate the two, but my rants are really intense and I turn into a beast while writing it – I become even more heavy handed. I’d like to spare my keyboard from such abuse… hehe.